From MicroSensus Wiki
Prices have skyrocketed in the economic downturn but fortunately, there are still ways that you can save money. Using coupons offered in newspaper or from a website is a great way to spend less cash around the what exactly you need. Nowadays, these discounts are available every single day and they can be obtained very easily. It's a wise decision to clip coupons after which use them to save money on groceries. Below I will share some ways regarding how to use your coupons correctly:
1. First, gather coupons from various sources such as home mailers, the Sunday newspaper or from websites. Stores commonly offer coupons in different forms. Some stores offer coupons printed around the back of the receipts as the others put them on the items themselves.
2. Group your coupons into categories. You can group them into various categories for those who have a large number. Should you have only a limited number, group them into two classes, namely foods and nonfood items. Additionally, separate coupons from stores and the ones from manufacturers. Then, place them into envelopes.
3. When you write your grocery list, examine your coupons. Prioritize those that are almost ready to expire by planning meals that include those items.
4. Know your store circulars so that you can use the right coupons every time you shop. Ensure that you know the sales of the day to complement the coupons within the envelopes.
5. Each store has different policy about coupon usage. Read their policy prior to making an order. Some stores allow people to make use of a store coupon and a manufacturer's coupon on the same product, but some stores don't allow you to do this. Read their policy carefully so that you can really obtain the discount that you simply expect. In addition, you also need to browse the coupon rules. Typically, they let you know about the items that you can purchase to acquire a discount, the amount of items as well as the brand. For example, you may need to purchase two boxes of cereal to obtain $1 discount.
6. Research different brands prior to making a purchase. It is a wise decision to check various brands including generic ones. Sometimes, the generic or store-branded item allows you to save more money even though you purchase it without needing a coupon. However, the brand-name goods are probably still more costly compared to generic ones even if you use a coupon.